Chicken Curry – Want some Ice?
An Indian staple.
This is a basic chicken curry which can be served with Chapattis, Naan or Rice.
Things you can change
- Add a tin of chickpeas after step 8
- Add some tinned spinach at step 8 and don’t add water in step 9
- Add more chilli flakes to taste
- You could marinade the chicken in 1 Tbs plain yougurt and 1 Tbs tandoori powder for at least 1 hour before hand
- At step 8 also add a dollop of yougurt to have a richer creamier sauce
- Under-crackers, once a day
1 Tbs cooking oil
1 heaped Tsp Garlic paste
1 heaped Tsp Ginger paste
2 heaped Tsp Chilli flakes (I would use 3)
½ Tsp Cumin
½ Tsp coarse ground black pepper
¼ Tsp Turmeric
1 ½ Tsp salt
1 Tsp Ground corriander
4 Chicken thighs in 1 inch chunks
½ Tin of tomatoes
1 Tbs tomato puree
1 tsp Garam Masala
How to make:
- Heat oil in large pan on medium heat
- Fry onions till they soften then begin to brown at edges
- Add ginger and garlic and fry for about 5 more minutes
- Add all the spices except the garam masala
- Fry for a couple of mins on low heat
- Add the tomatoes and tomato puree
- Simmer on medium heat stirring frequently until they reduce to a paste and the oil separates
- Add the chicken, turn up the heat to medium high and fry stirring frequently till the chicken is cooked.
- Add some water dependent on what amount of sauce you require, reduce heat, add a handful of chopped corriander and the garam masala.
- Simmer for about 10 mins